MNS Engineers was awarded the on-call structures construction inspection services contract for Caltrans District 5 (Structures) for a four year term. Caltrans District 5 stretches through the Counties of Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz.
MNS and Caltrans District 5
MNS has been involved with on-call Caltrans District 5 contracts since 2006 and is currently managing the existing Caltrans structures inspection contract (No. 59A0763). A few of the services MNS will provide for the upcoming projects in the District 5 area are construction management, constructability review, construction engineering, construction inspection, construction safety, contract administration, office engineering, and special inspection. Projects include asphalt overlay, bridge construction, bridge replacement, drainage systems, interchanges, pavement rehabilitation, roadway widening, safety improvements, and structures.
Pitkins Curve Segmental Brdige and Rock Shed at State Route 1A sample of prior on-call District 5 projects includes:
- Prunedale Improvements Project
- Hermitage Tieback Wall at State Route 1
- State Route 198 Safety Improvements
- State Route 246 Rehabilitation
- State Route 41 Drainage System Improvements
- State Route 58 Huerhuero Creek Bridge Replacement
- US 101 Asphalt Overlay Projects (OG-HB)
- US 101/State Route 41 Interchange Reconstruction
- US 101 Roadside Rest Area Rehabilitation, Camp Roberts
This poster highlights MNS’s relevant structures projects and Caltrans experience: