MNS Engineers (MNS) remains committed to the health and safety of our staff, clients, and the communities we serve as we navigate these challenging times. We have been actively monitoring updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as federal, state, and local government with respect to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, MNS has implemented Preventative Protocols consistent with guidance provided by world health officials to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. These protocols will continue through March 31, 2020, at a minimum, and include:
Protecting Employee Health and Well-being
The health and welfare of our team and their families is a top priority. We have implemented the following Preventative Protocols internally to minimize risk and exposure to COVID-19:
- Telecommuting for all office staff, where feasible
- Field implementation of OSHA recommendations on active construction sites
- Practicing social distancing of 6 feet or more
- Work-based travel and meeting restrictions
- Enhanced cleaning procedures in our offices
- Encouraging the practice of excellent hygiene etiquette in the workplace
- Case management for individuals who become ill or are in close proximity to those who become ill
- Staying informed of (and expressly communicating) and complying with local health department updates and guidance
The above safety precautions have been identified as effective approaches to slow transmission of communicable diseases to protect the public from avoidable risks of serious illness or death resulting from exposure to COVID-19.
Enacting Our Business Continuity Plan
MNS understands the vital role our public agency clients play in delivering projects and services to the public during emergencies. Our team takes great pride in supporting these efforts with our agency partners.
As an industry leader in the use of technology, all critical systems have been deployed to the cloud and are accessible to our workforce remotely, allowing for MNS staff to continue to support our clients’ project delivery in a safe and uninterrupted manner. These systems include the following:
- RingCentral – Unified Communications (phone, chat, and virtual meetings)
- Microsoft Office365 (Email and Productivity)
- Autodesk (Engineering and CAD)
- Deltek Vision ERP (Accounting, Project Management, and CRM)
- Paylocity (Human Resources and Payroll)
- MNS Connect (Intranet)
- Box.com (Cloud File Storage)
For the duration of the Covid-19 crisis, our team will continue working towards the successful completion of projects and services. Whether in the field or office, we are committed to delivering on-time, as promised, and have protocols in-place to quickly adapt in this rapidly evolving health pandemic.
As new developments emerge regarding COVID-19, we will share information with you about how we continue to operate safely and effectively.
Active Projects and Jobsites
Many of our projects are in various stages of design or construction and must remain active through this crisis. This means our staff remains on the job working with our clients, contractors, and community stakeholders. MNS has developed a workplace action plan based on guidance from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) to reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19. MNS’ action plan includes:
- Communication and training, and
- Addressing potential cases in the workplace
We will continue to follow all health and safety procedures to ensure we are doing everything we can to continue to provide a clean and safe work environment for our clients, contractors, staff, and communities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures.