Supplementing Municipalities and Districts with Professional Engineering Services
For over six decades, we have supported public agencies within California. Year after year, we have been pre-qualified for on-call services to provide civil engineering, construction management, and land surveying. As City Engineer to a number of agencies, we offer a unique understanding comprised of both the engineering and the municipality perspectives. Our first-hand knowledge and experience with municipal engineering allows us to maintain long-term municipal clients.
Working as an Extension to Municipalities and Districts
The beauty of working as an extension to an agency is the ability to create a diverse team to complete time and budget sensitive projects. We are experienced with funding sources, permitting, design, bidding, public coordination, contract administration, construction support, site inspection, and land surveying. Our firm’s knowledge and first-hand experience with municipal engineering has allowed us to maintain long-term municipal clients.
- Civil engineering: As City Engineer to numerous agencies, we possess an invaluable insight and a unique understanding of public works and private development projects. We provide on-call professional services and staff augmentation for public agencies.
- Construction management: As a leader in the construction management field, we offer an impressive depth of resources. Our construction management team includes construction managers, resident engineers, structures representatives, construction inspectors, and office engineers.
- Land Surveying: Our licensed land surveyors provide a full range of surveying and mapping services for design, construction, and right-of-way. Our team consists of project surveyors, party chiefs, and CADD technicians.
Our firm’s experience, coupled with our knowledge of municipalities, makes MNS an easy addition to provide professional on-call services. We are able to draw from our qualified staff with expertise and resources in the areas of engineering, surveying and construction management—always finding precisely the right skillset and personality fit for the job. Because MNS fills these roles on a contract basis, municipalities may efficiently provide the community with professional engineering resources as needed without the cost and limitations of permanent staff. Our core government services include:
- Development review/coordination
- Land surveying and mapping
- Planning and permitting services
- Program/construction management
- Staff augmentation
- Stormwater compliance
- Stormwater master planning
- Transportation engineering
- Water resources engineering
- Bid analysis
- CIP budgeting, design, and management
- CIP estimating and scheduling
- Contract support staff
- Inspection—private development and grading
- Inspection—public improvements
- Entitlement reviews and project conditioning
- Environmental review
- Floodplain management
- Funding coordination and public outreach
- Grading and improvement plan checking
- Grant applications
- Project design
- Right-of-way engineering
- Tentative and final map checking
Our firm’s experience, coupled with our knowledge of municipalities, makes MNS an easy addition to provide professional on-call services.
The MNS Difference
To date, MNS has overseen more than 160 projects worth over $200M of Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) projects at Vandenberg Air Force Base (AFB). We have a 2% cumulative average for change orders on MNS administered projects at this facility. Our long-established relationships with federal and military clients are a testament to our firm’s integrity and expertise. This fact alone is a primary reason we are the first choice to deliver a full range of services to federal and military clients.
MNS strives to make a difference. Here’s how choosing MNS will benefit you:
- Commitment: MNS has long-established relationships with government and military sector clients. We take it upon ourselves to thoroughly understand our clients, and we always have their best interest in mind.
- Progressive: Possessing both extensive knowledge and practical experience, we apply the latest techniques, processes, and technologies to every project.
- Communication: We prioritize communication and understand the level of a project’s success is directly related to clear and direct communication.
- Integrity: As a testament to our firm’s integrity, we hold an ongoing service contract with the US Air Force. We maintain consistent performance and loyalty to our federal and military clients.
The value of our firm’s services lies not only in our need to satisfy our clients but with our passion for the cities and counties we work in and call home. MNS is proud to say it has been a part of our local communities for over 60 years and we look forward to providing quality professional services for many more to come.