Sustainable Water Resource Solutions
Our expert water resources team is at the forefront of the industry, developing all aspects of our communities’ complex water resources infrastructure for today’s changing world.
Ecosystems depend on water—the source of life. The importance of providing sustainable water resource solutions today will protect the water supply of tomorrow. This important, yet complex challenge must also meet environmental, social, and political objectives.
Protecting Our Precious Resources
We understand the importance of water—the limitations of this precious resource, the need to sanitize for reuse and its power when uncontrolled. For over 60 years, MNS has helped communities throughout California to provide cost-effective solutions to address the needs of water, wastewater, and stormwater resources. This important yet complex challenge must also meet environmental, social, and political objectives. We achieve this goal by working closely with our clients from conception to completion to develop and construct sound solutions that satisfied the various challenges faced today.
Providing a Professional and Diverse Project Team
Since 1962, MNS has provided top quality solutions to the water resources market, serving a wide variety of public and private clients. We specialize in water, wastewater, drainage, and stormwater systems for public agencies, and our water resources professionals are committed to helping our clients keep their—and our—communities safe and well as they establish, grow, or revitalize their water infrastructures.
We provide civil engineering, construction management, and land surveying services for a full suite of integrated water, wastewater, stormwater, and floodplain management. Our experts examine each project and its impacts, always identifying the optimal solution for each problem. Innovative, sustainable, and economically viable water resources management systems are vital to the existence of our society. We apply innovative solutions to comply with an increase in regulations, extend limited resources, and rehabilitate aging infrastructures to meet tomorrow’s needs. Our goal is simple—to provide long-term, cost-effective, high quality, and reliable solutions to ensure our communities will be well served and protected by the systems we administer.
- Civil Engineering: Our engineering department provides a full range of engineering services to the water resources market, from planning and design through commissioning. Our team is led by well-qualified licensed civil engineers and aided by skilled technical support staff.
- Construction Management: MNS specializes in complete construction management for the water resources market. Our construction management team includes construction managers, resident engineers, structures representatives, construction inspectors, and office engineers. Moreover, our team includes CASQA-certified Qualified Stormwater Practitioners (QSPs) and/or Qualified Stormwater Developers (QSDs).
- Land Surveying: Our land surveying department provides a full range of land surveying and mapping services to the water resources market. With roots in land surveying dating back to the early 1900s, our firm is proud to build upon a historic foundation of excellence.
From simple waterline repair to full and complex water infrastructure systems, MNS is fully equipped to handle the needs of both large and small communities. As our towns and cities grow, water resources requirements naturally become more complex; our experts are on the leading edge of their fields, bringing total water solutions to municipalities while keeping costs low and system value and sustainability high.
We specialize particularly in the following areas of water and wastewater systems:
- Water resources planning and hydraulic modeling
- Water distribution and storage systems
- Wastewater collection systems
- Reclaimed/recycled water systems
- Water management plans and vulnerability studies
As weather patterns become more unpredictable and communities are affected by flooding and stormwater-based pollution, the importance of high-quality drainage and stormwater management systems becomes ever more important. From preparing comprehensive stormwater management plans to designing new systems or repairing existing stormwater systems after damage, MNS is experienced in providing solutions.
We specialize particularly in the following areas of drainage and stormwater:
- Assessment of hydrologic and hydraulic characteristics/modeling
- Mitigation for stormwater quality/impervious areas
- Stormwater detention and treatment
- NPDES permit compliance and stormwater management planning
- Drainage/flood control engineering
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) compliance
The MNS Difference
Our purpose is to make a positive difference in people’s lives every day, by focusing on our clients to solve their unique project challenges and deliver affordable, top-quality results.
When you choose MNS for your water resources needs, you choose:
- Commitment: Our specialized Water Resources team is committed to providing solutions to complex challenges that meet environmental, social, and political objectives.
- Progressive: We are experienced in using sustainable and green approaches. We are proactive in considering out-of-the-box solutions in design and project implementation to save costs and time for the betterment of the community.
- Communication: Communication is the key to the success of a project. In the water resources industry, communication is an essential tool.
- Integrity: As a preeminent water resources consulting firm, we are establishing our footprint in this field by providing quality solutions and meeting our client’s needs.
The value of our firm’s services lies not only in our need to satisfy our clients but with our passion for the cities and counties we work in and call home. MNS is proud to say it has been a part of our local communities for over 60 years and we look forward to providing quality professional services for many more to come.
Water Replenishment District of Southern California
Casitas Municipal Water District
Pajaro/Sunny Mesa Community Services District